What is the Golden Road 5K?
It’s time to grab your pup, get outside, run your heart out and celebrate with a cold one!
The Golden Road 5K is a low-key high-fun factor running series held over 4 weeks in and around Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. The series consists of both 2 LIVE in-person events held at Golden Road pubs in Anaheim and Los Angeles (on 11/26) as well as 4 special "hybrid virtual races" that enable you to get out there and run how you want, when you want, and as often as you want, against other real runners on real courses for position as well as awesome prizes and unlockable perks. You'll receive an awesome runner’s kit, swag, delicious beer after the race and get to support our partner Wags & Walks all in one.
Register for either the in-person or hybrid virtual races and post about your run for a chance to win fun Prizes. Join the fun by sharing your runs with the hashtag #GoldenFriday5K on social media.
Also run with us at the In-Person Golden Road 5K races!
How do the Hybrid Virtual Races work?
- You can register for all of the runs or just the ones you want.
- You’re racing against other runners, just not necessarily at the same time.
- For each race, you’re welcome to do as many attempts as you'd like during the race window. The race window starts at 12:01 am PDT on Monday Nov 1st and ends at 11:59 pm on Friday Nov 26th.
- Load each race course onto your device by downloading it from the race web page.
- The courses are loops. That means wherever you start on the course is your start/finish line. So you don’t need to start your activity tracker when you start your effort. Just jump onto the course. As soon as you are on-course, that’s your start line, and your finish line. Just make sure to run THROUGH where you started!
- Track your race attempts using your GPS-enabled activity tracker or smartphone.
- Sync efforts either by exporting a GPX file from your activity tracker or smartphone. You can also automatically sync using your Strava account.
- You must register for the race before running it to count for the standings (i.e. no running first and then registering).
- You must follow the published course closely. If you deviate from the course by 200 meters or more, your race attempt will be excluded from the rankings.
- Your fastest race attempt counts during the race window.
- Efforts must be submitted within 24 hours from the time the attempt has started.
- Login and track your progress on the race leaderboards and activity feed.
How are “hybrid virtual” races different from other “virtual” events these days?
Most virtual events require participants to run a specific distance but are allowed to run on their own chosen course. The biggest difference with the hybrid virtual Golden Road 5Ks is that all you are competing on the exact same routes, roughly during the same time, but on your own schedule! In other words, you're running “with” or racing “against” other participants on the same course, just not necessarily at the same time.
- So. The first and BIGGEST difference. You're competing on the same course as everyone else. Only, you’re able to race it whenever and however many times you want. On your own! Each race takes place over the race window. Go as many times as you’d like to hit your best time.
- The second difference is the way the courses work. They’re loops. So wherever you first enter the course becomes your start finish line. That being said, our course maps start and end in a specific place. So you’ll need to edit them if you plan to start/finish somewhere else.
- The third difference is you gotta stay 6 ft apart from all other racers! PERIOD. We care about you and others' safety.
How do I just sign up for the in-person race?
- To register for the Anaheim in-person race, click here. To register for the Los Angeles in-person race, click here.
- Pick up your race swag and packet on Wednesday Nov 24th at one of the four Golden Road pubs in and around LA and OC.
- Grab your pup, get outside, and join us for an awesome run on Nov 26th!
Hybrid Virtual Races: $10
- $5 digital code to buy Golden Road beer online and get free delivery to your home
If you'd like to donate all of your race registration fees to Wags and Walks and not receive the runner's swag kit use the coupon code begiving for 50% off.
- Runner's swag featuring tee-shirt, runner’s bib and beer koozie
(Kits will be delivered to your house within 5 days of registering)
Monday, November 1st, 2021 (12:01 AM PST)
- Registration opens and Racing begins!!!
Friday, November 26th, 2021 (11:59 PM PST)
- Registration closes and Racing ends.
Beach cruisers, prizes, and swag! We’re here for it!
Follow @goldenroadbrew and share your training runs or event day pics using the hashtag #goldenfriday5k. We love seeing a snapshot of a run with your pup, the best golden hour running moment. Post & hashtag between November 1st through November 28th for a chance to win.
Winners will be DM’d on Monday, November 29th!
In Partnership with Wags & Walks
Wags and Walks is a community of dog lovers working to promote shelter dogs as the best dogs in the world through advocacy of their unique family-friendly foster and adoption programs. Help us rescue dogs in need.
How do I register?
Is there an age minimum?
- Yes, all participants must be 21 years of age or older at the time of registration.
Are pets allowed?
- Yes! Please make sure to bring a leash though to keep all pets safe.
When is the registration deadline?
- All in-person participants must register by Sunday, November 21, 2021. Hybrid virtual registrations will be open through Friday, November 26, 2021.
Will the race be cancelled due to rain or COVID-19?
- The Golden Friday 5K will be held rain or shine.
How does a virtual run work?
- After registering for the Virtual Golden Friday 5k, run or walk your run remotely anytime from Nov 1-25, 2021. A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, at the gym or on the track. You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself. Running and walking on your own, or with friends!
Will there be results?
- Yes, unofficial results will be posted under each race here.
Will there be prizes?
- Follow @goldenroadbrew and share your training runs or event day pics using the hashtag #goldenfriday5k. We love seeing a snapshot of a run with your pup, the best golden hour running moment. Post & hashtag between 11/1-11/28 for a chance to win!
- Winners will be DM’d on Monday, November 29th!
Can I get a refund?
- All registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable. We are unable to transfer registration fees to any future Golden Road events or another runner.
When will I receive my Runner’s Kit?
- For Virtual Kits, within 5 days of purchase. For In-Person Runner’s Kits, you can pick up Wednesday, 11/24/21 or the day of the event. Early pickup instructions below.
Can I pick up my Runner’s Kit if I live near one of the Golden Road Pubs?
- Yes! If you live close to one of our Southern California Pubs you can opt to pick up your Runner’s Kit between Wednesday, November 24th between 2pm and 7pm.
- Pub LA: 5410 W San Fernando Rd Los Angeles, CA 90039
- Pub OC: 2210 E Orangewood Ave Anaheim, CA 92806
Does someone need to be present to receive the Runner’s Kit shipment?
What states cannot receive a Runner’s Kit?
Are the t-shirt sizes unisex?
Who is the charity partner?
- Wags and Walks is the charity partner for the Golden Friday 5k. $1 from each case of our Wolf Pack brands will go directly to the organization. Additional donations may be made while registering. You can find more information about Wags and Walks here.
How do I contact customer service?
Are there any sponsorship opportunities?
- If you’d like to become a sponsor or learn about future events, please contact [email protected]
Where can I purchase more Golden Road beer?
Need help or want to contact us?
If you do need to contact us with any questions, thoughts, issues, or to share any epic photos/moments, please message us using the little help bubble in the lower right corner on each page of this site.